THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Only A Dream

Photobucket

Only A Dream

I open my eyes
so angry at you
for leaving
Angry that you
would make me
take the wheel
while spinning
out of control

Leaving me
all alone
on this dark
elevator
Up and down
searching
everywhere
but
you are
gone

I know
what you want
but
I'm not ready

I still
have a story
or two
to tell

The days
turned into
weeks
then months
It will only
be a few
you said

I'm angry at
him too
The bastard
left me
with handmade
costumes
unworn

It's all okay
I lied
and never
cried

I was
Swimming
in lake water
with no bottoms
and having to run
to a place that wasn't
my home
You weren't there
and sometimes
Oh, sometimes...


I still

feel

naked

Angela Minard 2008

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought of the Day:

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

Have a great day:

Donn

kwaller said...

Thank you so mush for sharing yourself and you poetry this way. You are so very brave and beautiful. This is how I feel when I think of my Mother and my innerchild screams for her to help me. I too am on a journey to healing, although I am still in my anger stage. I hope to one day be greiving for that little scared girl. And eventually to forgive her. She was lost in her own world of oppression both in our home and in the outside world. She suffered, untreated from PTSD from both child hood sexual abuse and losing her virginity in a gang rape. She was taken from her parents and put in foster care because her parents were poor and Native American basically. That is why for me the personal is political. In a rush hope this makes a bit of sense.

peace love and empathy

peace love and empathy