THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, February 4, 2011

Hide And Seek

hiding Pictures, Images and Photos

Hide And Seek

I hid in the hamper and fell asleep
You forgot to find me
or maybe you never even looked
I was never very good at playing games anyway
always forgetting the rules
I once forgot to put my feet down
while skipping rope

I hate the smell of the playground
the breath of children running
leaving me behind to chase their laughter
Listening to the creaking hinges while I swing,
the rusted chains pinch my palms
and I'm hypnotized by the clouds in the sky
until the whistle blows and it's time to go in

Close your eyes and count to ten
Close your eyes and let's pretend
Who do you want to be?
A princess, a pirate, the one with the key...
Open them now and look around
Are you lost, or are you found?

Angela Minard 2011©







3 Comments:

Sia Jane said...

This is outstanding.
Wow! You have a great talent my darling xxxx

Ann said...

I really love this poem, it's great. You should consider writing a book

Angela said...

Thank you both:)