THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back In The Swing



I'm up early after a night of tossing and turning, my mind spinning around like a top. Work has been good, but I have new kids, and trying to figure them out keeps my head busy. It is difficult those first few weeks, as you get to know the child. Yesterday I felt like I absolutely did not know what I was doing, just flying by the seat of my pants and trying to anticipate what would come next. Exhilarating and exhausting at the same time.  I am feeling more like myself this week, and I'm sure that settling back into a routine helps. Work does tend to throw my meals off, and I know I've skipped too many lately. I should pack a lunch, but for some reason making myself do it has been a problem. When I get in a pattern of not eating, the fear of eating gets stronger, and I tell myself that I don't really need a lunch. What I've been doing during my lunch break is checking my e-mail and wasting time on the computer for half an hour, and then jumping in my car and heading to my second school, grabbing a diet coke on the way out. I haven't even been hungry when I get home from work, and when I don't feel the hunger it is difficult to force myself to eat. Last year I bought a cute little lunch bag which I have yet to use. Today I'm going to throw a yogurt and protein bar into it and call it good. Just like everything else, I need to create a new eating routine before everything goes to hell in a handbasket! That is all for now. Wishing everyone a wonderful week!

2 Comments:

Wanda's Wings said...

The yogurt and protein bar sounds like a good idea. Hoping you get settled into your new routine.

Unknown said...

I can completely relate... I start in a week and a half. 13 days, actually. The exhilaration and adrenalin is what fuels me the first week, thank goodness for an alarm on my phone or I'd never remember to eat! Not sure if it helps, but I actually kept a stash of protein bars and juice boxes in a cabinet in my room so I had no excuses to forget food... cause that excuse stopped working last year. ;)