THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Monsters Never Die





Monsters Never Die
 
Artwork~ Angela Bacon-Kidwell Photography

Inside the abyss of dark blank spaces
moving through days as if I'm really me
hidden from myself until I awaken
confused and wondering what I've done.
Sometimes watching from far away
in the distance
split in two
I always find my way back to you
tearing at my skin
the blood a reminder
trying to feel through a pain I cannot seem to find
Blindly reaching out
the touch of your hands leading me back
avoiding your gaze
afraid you will see the shame that holds me captive
the fear that you will finally need to let me go
 
Only in dreams of violent anger
scarlet spilling at my feet
dripping from my hands
Maybe it is true that monsters never die

Angela Minard 2012©

1 Comments:

AlexisJaimeIsBroken said...

They never die or go away completely, but they can lose their power. Each time we face the monster and we look a little deeper at the scars left by its claws, we learn how to accept that the monster can still be there but not control us. Sometimes there is comfort in familiarity, but it's all a lie. Real comfort can't be found in that familiarity, just knowledge, truth, and courage to face a new day.

Your poem is how I feel most of the time. Thanks for letting me know I am not alone, but I am sorry you have those feelings too.