THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Journey To Self Acceptance

There are many amazing opportunities coming my way right now, and dreams that have felt far away are close enough to reach out and grasp. This weekend I'm headed to Denver to be part of a Yoga For Eating Disorders training, and I'm very grateful for this opportunity. I was awarded a scholarship, but without my husbands support, I wouldn't be going. It means a great deal to know that he believes in my dream, and wants to help me make it happen. His health has been good since his radiation treatments, and will go in for a follow up MRI on March 17th. We will know for sure at that point how the radiation effected the tumor, but we feel positive that it will be good news.
My teacher's training weekends have been wonderful, and I have been busy with studying, taking and observing classes, and immersing myself in everything yoga! A friend of mine that I met during the training took some photographs of me for a workshop she is presenting, so I will post a few here. I was worried that I would be unhappy with my body, and be too critical of how I looked in the pictures, but I'm happy and proud of my reaction when I saw them for the first time. I look strong and healthy, and was able to see myself as a whole person, instead of just body parts that I could criticize. This is the body that I'm meant to have right now, at this time in my life. There has been tremendous peace and acceptance of the woman I am becoming.  I look forward to helping others on their journey to self acceptance, and will be posting about the Denver training when I return.