THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, September 19, 2014

Butterflies, Yoga, Passion, and Gratitude




I have been teaching a lot of yoga in the past two weeks, and I love it! It brings me such pure joy, and when I walk around the room and see all of the beautiful and varied expressions of a pose, and the ways in which yoga emotionally reaches out and touches the soul, it is an honor to witness. Yesterday my eyes kept wandering over to a woman in the front, but way over to the edge of the studio. Every time I looked at her, she had a sweet smile on her face, so after class I told her that I enjoyed seeing her beautiful smile while I was teaching. She looked puzzled for a moment, and then she said, "I didn't even realize I was smiling!" Another student told me after class that she had never closed her eyes so much during a class. What is amazing and wonderful to me is that I didn't tell anyone to close their eyes, or to smile. They were feeling the yoga in their bodies, and being fully present in the moment. This is exactly why I am so drawn to yoga!

I still get butterflies before I teach, and sometimes I stumble over my words, but I really am learning to let go of whatever minor mistakes happen. The first time my own teacher, Emily Darling took my class, I was extremely nervous! She sent me a text telling me not to be nervous because my own love of yoga would shine through, and that was what was important, and she is right! I'm getting wonderful feedback from students, and last week a student even gave me a beautiful painting that was inspired by my class. I was moved to tears by her offering, and these past few months of teaching have lifted my heart and opened me up with such gratitude that I am allowed to share my passion. 

0 Comments: