THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, March 13, 2015

Possibility



My mind has been wandering lately, and I am a gifted daydreamer, if I do say so myself! It wasn't until this week though that I acknowledged what a wonderful and healthy coping skill it is to have. I found myself struggling this week, and through visualizing a safe space, I was able to self soothe and ground myself so that I didn't dissociate. I had moments of dissociation, but it never developed into a full blown episode, and for that, I am grateful. Life is happening, and after so many years of unhealthy coping, the feelings seem to fall like a rain storm. I have my freak out moments! I'm always wanting to know the reasons why I'm feeling a certain way, and if I can't come up with a reason, then I become frustrated, and tend to want to dismiss the feelings. This is where therapy comes in to really piss me off! I want a reason, dammit! I don't want to accept the feelings without a reason! Yeah, something to work on...
This week has worn me out both mentally and physically. I was sick with the flu last week, and I did take a couple of days off work, but I still pushed myself too hard, and was exhausted this week. On top of that, my husband had a car accident, which was not his fault, and luckily he wasn't hurt, but it is extra stress. I kept thinking to myself, "I cannot lose him!" as if this mantra would protect me, but I was scared...
Dave had an MRI last week to check on his brain tumor, and we see his neurologist this Thursday. He feels like something is not right, but I continue to hold positive thoughts, because nothing else does me any good. This week, I was MIA from the yoga studio, partly because my energy level was the lowest it has been in a long time, and partly because yoga helps me to get in touch with my emotions, so possibly I was avoiding my feelings. Today I subbed a Mommy/Baby yoga class, and a prenatal yoga class. After the prenatal class, a mom who had walked in late to the class came up to me in an emotional state, and I could sense that she wanted to talk, so I moved her into the empty studio. She had tears in her eyes as she explained that she was separated from her husband, and was desperate for physical touch. She asked if I could do some massage, and it was an honor. I was so impressed with her courage to ask for what she needed, and I shared that with her afterward. She said that it had been difficult, but something told her that I was a safe person to ask. Talk about emotions! I hugged her, and at that point I don't know who was helping who, but this is why I love yoga! I came home after that, and I felt drained! I was so tired, but I still had another class to teach, so I headed to the studio. I was signing in students, and a student came in with her adult son, who also happened to be diagnosed with Down's Syndrome. She helped him complete the paper work, and I asked him if he had ever taken a yoga class, to which he replied, "Nope!" They were both in the front row when I walked in, and he followed along beautifully. After class his mom said that for some reason she knew that my class was how she wanted to introduce her son to yoga, even though she had no idea that I worked with the special needs population as my day job. My heart is overflowing right now, and that much emotion, even good emotion, is difficult for me. I guess I'm writing to make sense of it all. I look around at my life, at who I am becoming, and I'm amazed and humbled. I don't know if I should bow down and kiss the earth, throw my arms up with joy, or curl into a fetal position, sobbing into my knees. I will make an attempt to embrace it all...
the pain, 
the fear, 
the joy, 
the peace...
The possibility!!! 

"When you become comfortable with uncertainty, infinite possibilities open up in your life."
~Eckhart Tolle

3 Comments:

Resa.Brand said...

Gosh, that is stressful. I'm happy you were able to get through it okay. My thoughts are with you and Dave.
Xoxo,
T.

Angela said...

Thank you! <3

Anonymous said...

Love this. Love you!