THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, October 26, 2007

Defining Recovery


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I suppose that I think of recovery as being able to eat anything without guilt, looking in the mirror without disgust, not "feeling fat", being able to see my body realistically, and not with a distorted view.I know that I'm just in a negative mode right now. I get tired of the ups and downs of this. Maybe recovery is realizing that those feelings will never completely go away, but that there will be more good days than bad days. I think that I want it to totally be gone, and realizing that it is never going to happen is disheartening. Recovery also means being free from ED related behaviors, and I'm not there yet either. Maybe I'm just overwhelmed by the amount of work that I still need to do to beat this. Part of my problem with many things in life is that I look to far ahead.

0 Comments: