THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, December 29, 2007

A Holiday Meeting

Alcoholics Anonymous
When I was at Renfrew, I had to go to a few A. A. meetings. There are no words to describe just how much that I hated it! I know that it helps many people, but definitely not for me. It really just gave me the creeps. Thought that I would share my humorous poem about my experience there on my first visit...

A Holiday Meeting

Dirty decorations
A lady chomping gum.
The man in front is nodding off.
Possibly he is drunk?
The smell of stale coffee
and cigarettes just smoked.
Alcoholics Anonymous
makes me want to choke!

Angela Minard 2007

1 Comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Angela,
About 3 years ago I dropped into a black hole – four months of absolute terror. I wanted to end my life, but somehow [Holy Spirit], I reached out to a friend who took me to hospital. I had three visits [hospital] in four months – I actually thought I was in hell.

I imagine I was going through some sort of metamorphosis [mental, physical & spiritual]. I had been seeing a therapist [1994] on a regular basis, up until this point in time. I actually thought I would be locked away – but the hospital staff was very supportive [I had no control over my process].

I was released from hospital 16th September 2004, but my fear, pain & shame had only subsided a little. I remember this particular morning waking up [home] & my process would start up again [fear, pain, & shame]. No one could help me, not even my therapist [I was terrified]. I asked Jesus Christ to have mercy on me & forgive me my sins.

Slowly, all my fear has dissipated & I believe Jesus delivered me from my “psychological prison.” I am a practicing Catholic & the Holy Spirit is my friend & strength; every day since then has been a joy & blessing. I deserve to go to hell for the life I have led, but Jesus through His sacrifice on the cross, delivered me from my inequities. John 3: 8, John 15: 26, are verses I can relate to, organically. He’s a real person who is with me all the time. I have so much joy & peace in my life, today, after a childhood spent in orphanages.

God LOVES me so much. Fear, pain, & shame, are no longer my constant companions. I just wanted to share my experience with you [Luke 8: 16 – 17]. I was saved, I am saved, and I am being saved. Yes, but only God knows who they are.

I, MICKY, AM A GIFT TO ALL PEOPLE