THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Finding Peace

Peaceful
This week has been filled with peace and contentment, along with sorrow and loss. The peace has come with the beginnings of acceptence and nurturing myself. In therapy, we have been talking about the ways in which I use my eating disorder to communicate. I use it to say,"take care of me, pay attention to me, leave me alone, listen to me..." I thought that it gave me power and control over my life, but all that it really gave me was a place to hide. Peeking out from behind the safety of my fortress, I'm daring myself to take some risks, and learning that my voice alone is strong enough to be heard. Even the sorrow and loss that I have felt has been different. It was different once I could accept it without the secret hope that I could go back and change it. The sadness is part of the past, and has nothing to do with the life that I am presently living, and when I can remind myself of that very basic fact, I am filled with peace.

2 Comments:

MrsMenopausal said...

You have a wonderful blog. I've tried to email you but it's not going through. I'd like to ask your permission to post one of your posts and link to you on my blog about eating disorders.
My blog: Weighing The Facts
email at yahoo. Thanks :)

MrsMenopausal said...

Thanks, Angela. The post is up. :)
Conversations With Claudia:The Voice Of An Eating Disorder
http://weighingthefacts.blogspot.com/2008/03/conversations-with-claudia-voice-of.html