THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Magic Of Glitter

Photobucket
I have finished my work on journal #2800 today. Tomorrow it will begin it's journey, and I'm really hoping that I don't lose track of it, although the history of the 1000 journals project says that I will. Hopefully the survivors that contribute will find that some healing comes from speaking their truth. I was struggling with flashbacks and painful memories today. All that I wanted to do was curl up into a ball and drift as far away as possible, but instead, I opened up the journal, started cutting and sprinkling glitter, and when I was finished, I somehow felt connected to myself again. Healing takes time, but a little glitter never hurt anything either!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Glitter away baby!!!

Tink said...

Hi Angela,

I just wanted to say Thanks for your sweet comment. I haven't read much of your blog yet, but I will. :)

Anonymous said...

Boo hoo, poor me! I tried to sign up for your journal, but something didn't work. Maybe I can get in on the next one, if there is a next one.

I love your art work, your whole blog really. It makes me feel . . . safe, for some reason. Crazy, huh?