THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Six Word Memoir

Photobucket

I tend to be easily intimidated, so my immediate reaction when I found out that I had been tagged to write a six word memoir was, "No way!" I also have a problem with saying "No!" I actually love reading memoirs, which also explains my addiction to reading blogs, so I thought that I would give it a shot.

Characteristics of the memoir form: by Dr. Beth Burch, a professor of education at Binghamton University. It is from her book, Writing For Your Portfolio (Boston: Allyn and Bacon, 1999).

... explores an event or series of related events that remain lodged in memory

... describes the events and then shows, either directly or indirectly, why they are significant
-- or in short, why you continue to remember them

... is focused in time; doesn't cover a great span of years (that would be an autobiography)

...centers on a problem or focuses on a conflict and its resolution
and on the understanding of why and how the resolution is significant in your life.

sad girl

~ My Six Word Memoir ~
by Angela Minard

Worried child growing weary finds strength.

Dreamer has tagged me.


Here are your instructions:

1) Write your own six word memoir
2) Post it on your blog; include a visual illustration if you’d like
3) Link to the person that tagged you in your post, and to the original post if possible
4) Tag at least five more blogs with links
5) Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!

" My Chosen Ones "

1. Jessieh from jessiehspeaks
2. Jenny at artconstellation
3. Lumina over at lovespeakes
4. Marcella at abyss2hope
5. Jeanne over at diggingmeup








3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for participating in this MeMe, Angela.

I love your little memoir!

Anonymous said...

Thought of the Day:

"My words fly up, my thoughts remain below. Words without thoughts never to heaven go." - William Shakespeare

Have Fun

Love, Donn

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tag, Angela!! 8-)

Check out my blog for my six word memoir.

jeanne