THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Nurturing The Inner Child

Scared Inner Child
I wrote this e-mail to my therapist a few days ago, as I'm really struggling with food and feeling hunger. It has been so long since I actually have felt the physical sensations of being hungry, and now that I'm once again feeling them, it is quite terrifying.

"I want to get as far away from myself as possible. All of this eating and trying is like a bad joke. Each day that passes leaves me in more of a mess. I can't stand myself! *Claudia needs me to go too. I'm so tired of feeling like this. These feelings of hate and rage, no one else to stand up and take the pain. Always me. Eating makes the pain so unbearable...the rage and disgust that I feel knows no bounds. Only emptiness."

*Claudia is my eating disorder

I'm so afraid of the hunger that my first reaction is to try ignoring it and restricting my food, but eventually I give in and feel like a failure. It is a vicious cycle.
I talked with my nutritionist, and she said to think of food and nutrition as self- care and nurturing for my inner child. It does help to think of it that way... that I would not starve or deny a child it's basic need for nourishment. I'm going to try.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always good to try, even a little step forward is progress. good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

How true! This sounds like a really good way to think about the food.

You are a wonderful person and you deserve all of the best things in the world.

Thank you so much for helping me.
Jenny