THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, June 2, 2008

Wendy Portillo Should Be Fired!

autism
I am just sickened and saddened beyond words after reading this story that Rachael atDNA Diaries posted.

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/may/23/st-lucie-teacher-has-class-vote-whether-5-year-old/

It is beyond my comprehension as to why Wendy Portillo is still being allowed to "educate" children, even after admitting that she had emotionally abused a five year old child who she knew was in the process of being diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. My heart just aches for this little boy.
Alex

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

She's still allowed to teach? That is truly unbelievable. I guess that's what tenure gets you!

MrsMenopausal said...

I cannot believe that someone who is in a position to mold, guide, and educate our youth would get away with such cruelty. Forget what the school board's investigation concluded. This child was abused. I'd be speaking to a lawyer and following through so that she, and those that excused her behavior, could never again humiliate and crush the self-esteem of another child. Think of the lesson his classmates learned from this, too. I'd be livid if this were my child or if my child was put into a position to degrade another, like those children in her class were instructed to do. Absolutely disgusting!

Anonymous said...

I've been combing the internet like a mad mom of 2 autistic sweethearts (oh, wait - I guess that's because I am!) and trying to get an update on this case. WAS this nasty woman fired? or any further action taken besides "reassignment"????