THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Doc Visit

Photobucket

This morning I had an appointment with my primary care physician. I was really dreading this visit, because constipation and laxative abuse aren't the most comfortable of topics to discuss. I was really nervous about it, but my husband went with me, and that really helped to distract me, especially on the drive there, and during the times that I was waiting. I think that he wanted to come along because he had some questions, and I don't think that he quite trusted that I would tell her everything, or was worried that I would leave out something of importance. Of course, the first thing that they always do is have you get on the scale. We don't even own a scale at home because if we did, I know that I would obsessively weigh myself. I haven't known what my weight is for almost a year now, and when I see my nutritionist, she always weighs me backwards, so that I don't see the number. I asked to be weighed backwards today also, but my husband was standing there, so he could see my weight. I wish that he wouldn't have been able to see it. Not that it matters or means anything, but it still bothers me. He was great though, and I'm lucky to have such a supportive husband.
My nutritionist referred me to this doctor because she herself had suffered from anorexia in the past. She is so wonderful, and it does makes it easier to go in, because I know that she understands everything that I'm going through. She took x-rays of my stomach, a lot of blood work, and I will have to go in for a few more tests. She said that it is so common for eating disorder patients to have gut issues, and that she was certain that we would be able to figure out what the problem is. In the meantime...lots of fiber,
MiraLax, and water. Fun, Fun, Fun!

2 Comments:

Sunny said...

It's wonderful that you have a doctor who has been there! That must make it a bit easier to discuss things with her.

I'm really glad you are on your way to feeling more comfortable.

Love ya.

LP said...

It takes a lot of courage to open yourself up so much to strangers. I wish you nothing but the best in your journey!