THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Lazy Saturday


It is a cool and rainy day here, and a welcome reprieve from the heat and humidity of a Kansas summer. Phoebe is still snoring in her bed since there aren't any patches of sun or warm grass to roll in this morning. What a lazy dog! I'm lazy too, I guess, so I shouldn't talk.
Last night we all watched the opening ceremonies of the
Olympic Games, which I thought was just amazing and so spectacular. We even watched all of the countries walk through, which I usually find sort of boring, but my boys were fascinated by it, so they made it fun to watch. I'm looking forward to the gymnastics. That's my favorite!
Today I plan on doing a bit of housework, and maybe catching a movie. We haven't seen
The Dark Knight yet, so that would be a good one to see. I plan on enjoying these last few days of summer break. I go back to work on Tuesday, and the boys go back to school on Friday. I'm always shocked by how much it costs to enroll them all in public school. It was close to $800.00
for our four boys this year, including bussing fees. Ouch! College next year though, so I shouldn't complain.
Well, that is enough blogging for now. I need to get moving around here, but I wish everyone a fabulous Saturday:-)

3 Comments:

Leet said...

Hi …
You have nice site…
That’s cool and I like the color…
I like the picture or rain
And thanks to drop EC in my site
By the way
I want to introduce my site, the content about painting
If you don’t mind you can visit my blog and give the comment about my painting
If you interested to be painted, you are welcome 

Leet Gallery
http://leet-gallery.blogspot.com

Sunny said...

Woah, you guys have to pay bussing fees? That's crazy. We don't have that here...at least not so far, but with gas being the way it is, it may not be in too distant a future for us. College next year!!! That must be strange for you. :) How cool though...you a young, hip mom, so it's all good! :)

Love you tons.

Mindy said...

Lazy rainy Saturdays and Sundays are awesome, especially if you don't have to go anywhere. I watched the Olympics ceremony last night and enjoyed it, too. I really like seeing all the costumes worn by the different teams when they walk in.

Enjoy "The Dark Knight."