THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, September 1, 2008

September Sniffles




Here it is, only the first of September, and already my kids are sick with fevers, coughs, and colds. Roman has already missed two days of school, and his first football game. The house is filled with the sounds of coughing and nose blowing, and it has been a very boring holiday weekend. I hope that everyone is feeling better by next weekend, because that is when we do the 5k Head for the Cure run and walk for brain cancer. We have participated every year since Dave was diagnosed, and it is a day for us, as a family, to count our blessings, and be thankful for each other, and the extra time that we have been given.
In other news... I've been playing with my new camera phone. It is the first camera phone that I've ever had, so I've been taking pictures, and just figured out how to send them to people. I sent a couple of pictures to my dad, and now I think I've created a monster! All that I will say here, is that he has a twisted and sick sense of humor, and now he will be sending me all kinds of pictures just to demonstrate how warped he really is. I love him though;-)
I hope that everyone enjoys the remainder of the weekend, and I'm sending up extra prayers to all of those in the path of
Hurricane Gustav.

7 Comments:

ESCUDERO said...

This is an incredible photo - I hope it's not what I think it is...TORNADO! I am scared stiff of them... Beautiful blog

coolingstar9 said...

Wish you and all your family happy and healthy.
Wow, we can see so huge wind turning on the photo.

Toni said...

So sorry everyone has the sniffles! Good luck at the walk!

Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting at my place!

Unknown said...

Hope that everyone feels better quickly...that happens with the school year starting. I am sure the little one I babysit will bring something home from preschool relatively soon. We ha d a nasty stomach bug during the holiday weekend.
Hugs,
Penelope Anne

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope the kids get better quick!

Amazing photo

The Success said...

That's amazing photo
How you take the photo?

Anonymous said...

My house is also full of sniffles, nose blowing, coughs and a general whiny whisper. I hope yours is beginning to feel better now.

I'm still in awe of my camera phone.