THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, September 22, 2008

You Never Know

Photobucket


You Never Know

The tearing, burning, stinging pain
of salty semen on an opened wound
that will never heal
with a gentle voice meant to soothe
but can never know
why tears are cried in the bathtub
until the water drowns out the sounds
of your own screaming
sinking deeper, deeper, deeper
but can never know
why your lungs are slowly closing
fighting each breath and waiting
and waiting for it all to be over.

Angela Minard©2008

5 Comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, this took me back to a time when my husband and I were just engaged and I broke down....I am amazed he stayed with me, almost 18 years now.
Powerful words love.

NathanKP said...

I really like your blog, both the written content and the image throughout.

NathanKP - Imagination Manifesto

Angela said...

Thanks for stopping by Sassy:)

Nathan, thank you for the compliment. I appreciate it!
Take care:)

Anonymous said...

Was just dropping by to drop an entrecard and your poem "You Never Know" caught my eye. Very deep and filled with pain, it definitely made me stop and think.

-Dragon Blogger

Anonymous said...

remarkeable poem it's emotional and powerful..