THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

No One Is Alone by Bernadette Peters

I know, I know...I'm on a Bernadette Peters kick! I just love this song though.

No One Is Alone

No one here to guide you,
Now you're on your own.
Only me beside you . . .
Still, you're not alone.
No one is alone, truly.
No one is alone.

Sometimes people leave you
Halfway through the wood.
Others may deceive you
You decide what's good.
You decide alone,
But no one is alone.

People make mistakes,
Fathers, mothers,
People make mistakes
Holding to their own,
Thinking they're alone.

Honor their mistakes
Everybody makes
one another's terrible mistakes.
Witches can be right,
Giants can be good.
You decide what's right
You decide what's good.
Just remember . . .

Someone is on your side.
Someone else is not.
While you're seeing your side
maybe you forgot:
They are not alone.
No one is alone.

Hard to see the light now
Just don't let it go.
Things will come out right now
We can make it so.
Someone is on your side
No one is alone.

Music and Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim


5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this song! I love Bernadette. She has such a calming and classy aura about her. I hope this song comforts you the way it comforts me.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous lyrics and great voice. I love Bernadette Peters as well. She is an all round entertainer with class and grace.

KAT said...

I love this song....it touched me!

Thanks for dropping your Entrecard on me! I am so glad to have found your blog!

A group of women write an online magazine http://www.angelsezine.com/
and I would absolutely Love it if you would write for us. I also would love to use some of your artwork that you have on your blog, it is stunning. Please contact me at angelzmag@ymail.com to let me know.

Take care and blessings.....
Kat

Dori said...

Such a beautiful song. I love Bernadette Peters too :-)

Psych Client said...

I love this song too :) Your blog is awesome