THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, December 5, 2008

Friday's Rock My World

Photobucket

I love the feeling of having the whole weekend ahead of me. We bought a new Christmas tree yesterday, so I'm excited to put on some holiday tunes and decorate my house for the season. I'm sure that will help to give me some Christmas spirit. Now if we could only get some snow, I would really be happy.

In therapy news this week, I had a rough session on Wednesday, and couldn't wait to get out of there. I'm getting discouraged with my progress and feel very apathetic to change right now. My therapist called me the day after our session to see how I was doing, and I told her how frustrated I'm feeling. She suggested that I take a break from seeing her and my nutritionist over my holiday vacation, and I felt a huge sense of relief when she said that. I think that I'm burnt out, and could use a break. Hopefully that will pull me out of this rut that I'm in. She also thinks that it would be a good idea to start working on my poetry book. My therapist is an awesome photographer, and awhile back she offered to take black and white photographs to go with some of my poetry. She said that she would start working on the pictures for me if I started working on arranging my manuscript. She thinks it would help if I had something to get excited about, and I think she is right. I'm going to start sorting through all of my poetry this weekend. I think that will help me to feel like I'm making a positive step toward my recovery. Some excitement is exactly what I need!

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very moved by your blog. I wish you well and although our demons are not the same, I understand the frustration.

Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan


http://www.car-insurance-choices.com

Angela said...

Thank you so much, Susan.
Take care:)

Duni said...

Hi Angela,
writing can be very therapeutic. When I first moved to the country (in Germany) I suffered from depression. I felt I needed to write it all down...so I wrote an entire book! It was the most uplifting thing I could have done..I released a lot of negative energy that way...

take care

Duni

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Recovery can be very challenging, but it sounds like you are dedicated and that is a big part of the battle. Sometimes, taking a break from therapy can give you a chance to step back and look at everything. Good luck, we are definitely rooting for you.

Angela said...

Thanks Duni,
I do think that the writing has been very beneficial.
Glad you stopped by:)
Take care

Angela said...

Thanks for your kind words, Anne. I really appreciate it!
Take care:)

Chunks of Reality said...

You have a very cool theraptist!!!