THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Tis The Season

Photobucket


Well, our Christmas tree is decorated, and the stockings have been hung. I should be feeling festive, but I have a sore throat, and I'm losing my voice, so that is putting a damper on my mood. My husband thinks it's good that I'm losing my voice. He's so funny!

This day went by really fast, unfortunately. I hate that the weekends just seem to fly by. I have only nine more working days left before my Christmas vacation. I'm off from Dec. 19th-Jan.7th, and I can't wait! We don't have any plans for the holiday's. We are staying in town. I wish my brother and parents were coming to visit or we could visit them, but money is just too tight for everyone this year. Maybe that is why I'm having a hard time getting excited about the holidays. I'm going to miss my family, and especially my mom, because we always have so much fun baking together. Hopefully next year we can all be together.

I also started sorting through my poetry today. I'm trying to figure out what order I want the poems to be in for the manuscript. It is harder than I thought it would be, and a bit overwhelming. I have more poetry than I realized. I'm excited about it though. I think that it is really going to help me through the recovery process. I can't wait to print out a finished manuscript to give to my therapist so that she can work on the photographs. I'm really glad that she pushed me to work on this project because I had kind of let the idea go. Mostly because I'm not sure that my writing is good enough to be published, but even if I self publish it, I think it will feel good to see it in book form. It will be something tangible that came out of this recovery journey, and maybe it will give me some closure.

Well, I've rambled on enough for tonight. I think the rest of the night I'm just going to relax, knit, and watch t.v. Hope everyone has a peaceful evening.

4 Comments:

Janet Gardner said...

Hi Angela,
I am sure your poems are great, you are a truly beautiful person who speaks from your heart. I write poems as well, I think they are very theraputic. I enjoyed this post because I got the feeling from reading it how much you love your hubby and being at home. The same for me. There is no place like home. I am sorry that you you will not have all of your family with you this year, but they will be with you in spirit I'm sure.
Thanks for your comment today on my blog,
Take Care,
Janet:)

Bing Yap said...

Angela, I know how it is to be missing your family during the holidays. My own brother and sister (and their families) are in the US and I think it would be really nice to be able to spend another Christmas with all of them while our parents are still alive.

Bing

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

I totally hear ya on the losing the voice thing - my hubby loves it when I lose mine too! he's forever telling me how cute I am :P

Good luck with your poetry :)

Chunks of Reality said...

You have a beautiful blog! I love all of the artwork and the template. Very nice!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such encouraging words. It means more than you realize.


I hope you enjoy your time off from work. I wish to have a break like that when I'm not sick in bed!

Your tree is beautiful. I hope to have mine up this weekend. That is IF I can get my butt out of the bed instead of asleep with depression. ugh.