THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Search For Inner Peace

Photobucket

This is the last day of my winter break, and I'm sad about it. I really enjoyed staying home and hanging out with Dave and the boys. I could definitely get used to it, but oh well...back to reality! I think the boys are ready to get back to school, although Roman has been moping around the house all day. We all need to get back to the normal routine.

I didn't have any therapy or sessions with my nutritionist for the entire break, and I think that all in all, I did okay. I'm starting to open up more and more with Dave when I'm struggling, so that has helped. I even did well with food over the holidays, with very little restricting. I'm not happy with where my weight is, but then again, when am I ever satisfied with that? I'm doing what I need to do to be healthy, and all that I can do is take it one meal at a time and one day at a time. I'm not sure what to do about the body image issue. I would like it to be better, but I'm not sure what I need to do to make that happen, and maybe it never does. Maybe it is more about acceptance, and I just need more time to get there. I want it so much. I long for inner peace and self acceptance, and hopefully, eventually, I will find it.

6 Comments:

MrsMenopausal said...

We really enjoyed the holiday break at our house, too. My daughter was moaning for three days before having to go back this past Monday. :) It's always a little sad to see it come to an end.

Body image is such a common issue for so many women and of all different shapes, sizes and ages.

I love that you used the word acceptance. ITA!

Beth Fehlbaum, Author said...

Boy, do I know how it is to struggle with the ED over the holidays. I think I did pretty well but it was, as always, a challenge.
Beth Fehlbaum, author
Courage in Patience, a story of hope for those who have endured abuse
http://courageinpatience.blogspot.com
Ch. 1 is online!

Anonymous said...

It's always hard to get back to work (or school) after a break--but we would not enjoy the breaks in nearly the same way if they occurred all the time.

Peace and light,

Melinda

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I enjoy following your blog and the thought provoking posts. It is hard to go back to work after a holiday. However, here in the NW United States snow covers everything, we are under emergency conditions and unable to get out safely on the roads and sidewalks - too much dangerous ice.

I have a severe case of "cabin fever" and ready to return to the office.

Plese visit at:
http://nandugreen.typepad.com/chasing_the_wind

The best to you and yours in the New Year.

Anonymous said...

My Hubby found your blog coz he helps me to entredrop 900 cards lol and he really liked your title and as Buddhist he felt it very close to his heart..so now I am reading it lol..Great blog, will be back..