THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Dancing In The Shadows

Photobucket

I haven't been here lately,
I know.
I wonder if I mean that literally,
and I think,
yes...I do.
I also feel
that I've run out of words
for what I'm going through.

I'm tormented, yet hopeful...
Sad, angry,
in love with life, and afraid to live...
afraid to feel.
Pins and needles raining down
and I feel raw and exposed...
throbbing with pain,
so alive.

Every day,
I wonder if I can do this,
and then, amazingly...
I do.
I cry
more than I ever have in my whole life.
I get mad over little things.
I don't feel like myself,
and then, again,
maybe I am finding out who I really am.
Complicated, imperfect,
filled with love and light,
trying to hold on, and not give up...
to lift up my soul, and dance.

9 Comments:

Bing Yap said...

Don't give up, Angela.

Blessings,

Bing (",)

Anonymous said...

and don't stop dancing to your own music..

Jane Doe said...

Absolutely beautiful. As usual, I can relate to each and every line. The process of finding oneself is scary and painful. Hang in there, it will all be worth it in the end, or so I'm told.

Misch said...

Did you write that? Wow. I totally relate- so beautifully captured deep emotions. You have a real talent. Thank you for this. I hope you don't mind but I printed it and hung it on my wall.

Jackie said...

Robert and Bing have already said it very well!! Hang in an keep dancing your own dance.

Oh my what a glorious piece of writing.

Peace,
Jackie:-)

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

Beautiful! Although I can't relate to all that you have gone through, because you are sharing this journey with others, we are better able to understand! I am in remission for 3 1/2 yrs., so I have a different battle that I fight with in my mind. My mantra for awhile has been "Strength, Courage and Hope ~ everyday, Baby! One day at a time!" I will share it with you too!

Unknown said...

Great poem. I love your blog background and header! Butterflies are great!

LORENZO said...

Pins and needles raining down...strong imagery. You are stronger than you know. Keep on keeping on...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing!