Free To Fly

The pavement dissolves into a ribbon of blue, reflecting the sky, and my mind wanders as I stare at the highway flowing behind me. Memories now, and that is all that they are. Not flashbacks where there is no escape. Just memories. I am hypnotized by the road trip, and there is a recurrent phrase that resounds inside of my mind. "I don't want to hate." I feel those words deep inside of my soul, and I roll them around over my tongue. I'm almost afraid to say them aloud. I tell myself that it doesn't mean denial. Denial for so many years. Silence. Afraid to tell anyone that I was raped. Shame. Blaming the child that I was. Now there is the letting go, and that is what I ponder. Am I ready to let it go? I must be close, because I feel it slowly breaking away. "I don't want to hate." No, but I do. I hate. I have anger and hate. I know that I will have to let go of the anger and hate to truly be free. I think about how it will feel to let it go, and I know that when I'm ready, it will feel like flying, and more than anything, I want to fly.
Comments
You've also found the key to getting past those emotions..you're purging them..respecting them for what they are...creating art in the process with your words..
BRAVO!
I'm 15 and a recovering anorexic and I recently started a blog called Beautiful Without Consequence. (The URL's imstillfighting.blogspot.com) My blog is for ED fighters, and on my blog, we share success stories and inspiration, and periodically I interview Fellow Fighters and Survivors. I came across your blog today, and not only is the layout beautiful and poignant, the content of your blog is amazing! I'm really touched and inspired to keep on going with recovery after reading what you write.
Could I please interview you for my blog and link your website to mine? (Email me at eggbeatenangel@gmail.com)
Thanks so much!
Egg Beaten Angel (I sometimes go by "Angel" too)
P.S. Your artwork is REALLY breathtaking, by the way.