THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Morning Hike

Photobucket

I just returned from a morning hike through Mcinnis Canyon in Fruita, Colorado. It was a lot of up hill climbing, and I started thinking about how I wouldn't have been able to do it at all if I was still actively engaged in my eating disorder. I would most definitely have passed out. I have to remind myself of all of the things that I can now enjoy because I am healthy, and that is what makes me want to stay healthy, and not fall into old behaviors. I'm doing really well with the food on our trip. It does feel like we eat a lot though. The boys are always hungry, so sometimes it feels like our day revolves around when, where, and what we are going to eat. I'm doing okay with fast food places and restaurants, and I don't find myself really stressing at all about eating. I'm really just trying to take it easy on myself, and when I do catch myself worrying about my weight or what I look like, I immediately do what I can to turn those thoughts off. I'm so thankful that we are all together, and that everyone is having such a good time. Yesterday we went mini-golfing, and the boys drove go-carts. This afternoon we are going to check out the dinosaur museum here in town, and then take a short hike up to a place called Dinosaur Hill. Dave is hoping to find some fossils. Tomorrow morning we are heading to Arizona, and I will post more of our vacation adventure soon!

0 Comments: