Sweet Dreams

Cold coffee at 1:00 p.m and doing much of nothing on these summer days. I'm enjoying my vacation in a lazy, melancholy sort of way. I'm very aware of the time passing like grains of sand slipping through my fingers, and vaguely guilty that I'm not being more productive. I sleep and dream, savoring each dream that isn't a nightmare, and that is most often the case. I slumber in peace, dozing easily, and sometimes in a meditative state. I feel as if I'm recharging my spirit, coming to terms with the past, and grieving over my loss in a lonely and quiet way. Maybe that is the melancholy feeling that is coming through. Only I can grieve this loss. It is a pain all my own, and although others can empathize, they cannot share it. I suppose that is how all grief is though. It is a lonely feeling.
Comments