THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, September 18, 2009

The Sound Of Your Voice

Photobucket

The Sound Of Your Voice

so shrill
Never a whisper,
no, you always yell
How much you hate
the reflection of me
Making sure that I hear
every word you say
I've memorized
each ugly phrase
carved deep into my skin
while you hold the knife
so lovingly

You're not a lover
You're not my friend
Yet over and over
I come back again
Losing myself
Believing your lies
Hands held
over my mouth
screaming inside
I remain nothing
but mute

Angela Minard 2009©

10 Comments:

Joanne Olivieri said...

Powerful, poignant and grabs hold of you in fear. Very well crafted.

Ann said...

I totally agree with poetic shutterbug and couldn't have said it better. You have a gift with words

Nikki (Sarah) said...

Whoa. this is powerful. Riveting. I feel it. I've lived it. I know it. I hate it.

Erik said...

Wow. It was painful to read, but powerful. I love the graphic you chose to accompany your words.

Janet Gardner said...

Wow,so powerful, so many of us have that in our lives sadly. Keep sharing Angela
Take Care,
Janet :)

Wilmaryad said...

Kudos to you for shining the way you do and for writing such resonating words!

A fellow childhood sexual survivor.

Chinaski said...

Outstanding in every aspect!

Christa Bledsoe said...

That was a great piece! Finally someone who can write :) Congrats, I love it.

isabella mori said...

that's an impressive image!

Jackie said...

Wow very powerful Angela. You certainly do draw us in and express the power and self hate perfectly!!

I hope you are saving all of these for a book someday!!

You are such a powerful writer. I just have to believe these are helpful to you.

I know they are to me!!

Sorry about being away over the weekend. But, I simply couldn't get up and running.

Thanks for reading and critiquing my work. I rarely write and am always so very nervous when I post something!!

Hugs,
Jackie