THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, September 18, 2009

The Sound Of Your Voice

Photobucket

The Sound Of Your Voice

so shrill
Never a whisper,
no, you always yell
How much you hate
the reflection of me
Making sure that I hear
every word you say
I've memorized
each ugly phrase
carved deep into my skin
while you hold the knife
so lovingly

You're not a lover
You're not my friend
Yet over and over
I come back again
Losing myself
Believing your lies
Hands held
over my mouth
screaming inside
I remain nothing
but mute

Angela Minard 2009©

10 Comments:

Poetic Shutterbug said...

Powerful, poignant and grabs hold of you in fear. Very well crafted.

Ann said...

I totally agree with poetic shutterbug and couldn't have said it better. You have a gift with words

sarah said...

Whoa. this is powerful. Riveting. I feel it. I've lived it. I know it. I hate it.

Erik said...

Wow. It was painful to read, but powerful. I love the graphic you chose to accompany your words.

stigma no more said...

Wow,so powerful, so many of us have that in our lives sadly. Keep sharing Angela
Take Care,
Janet :)

Wilmaryad O'Scallas said...

Kudos to you for shining the way you do and for writing such resonating words!

A fellow childhood sexual survivor.

Chinaski said...

Outstanding in every aspect!

Christa Bledsoe said...

That was a great piece! Finally someone who can write :) Congrats, I love it.

isabella mori said...

that's an impressive image!

Shinade aka Jackie said...

Wow very powerful Angela. You certainly do draw us in and express the power and self hate perfectly!!

I hope you are saving all of these for a book someday!!

You are such a powerful writer. I just have to believe these are helpful to you.

I know they are to me!!

Sorry about being away over the weekend. But, I simply couldn't get up and running.

Thanks for reading and critiquing my work. I rarely write and am always so very nervous when I post something!!

Hugs,
Jackie