THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, October 30, 2009

Fighting with Bullies

Photobucket

It has been a long week, and I'm tired. Mostly, I'm tired of fighting the war in my head...the war with ghosts, and food, and fear. The day to day stuff of life is hard to deal with when my head is already so full.
My #3 son was bullied after school today. My son is in the 8th grade, and a 9th grader that he doesn't even know started throwing rocks at him. My son asked him to stop, and when he wouldn't, I guess a scuffle ensued, and my son came home with a scraped up face. I will be calling the principle if this continues, but my husband wants to wait and see if it resolves itself, so for now, we won't be stepping in. I was so angry when I saw his face though, let me tell you! Tomorrow is his birthday. He's my Halloween baby.
It always feels like it's something around here, but with four boys, I guess, what can I expect? I can never say that life is dull:-)
Work is exhausting, as usual, but I do love it, and it's rewarding. I need a lot of breaks from it though. It is good that we have long holiday breaks, and summer off, because I need those times to recharge my batteries.
I'm anticipating my husband's neurology appointment which is on Tuesday, and that in itself is wearing on me. It had better not get postponed again or I will be furious! All in all, I guess I'm feeling overwhelmed with just about everything.
There is a good side to all of this. I'm getting through each day, and I can honestly say that I'm not depressed. I don't want to stay in bed and give up. I'm not lethargic and hopeless. I've been there, so I definitely know the difference. I just keep telling myself that I can handle whatever comes my way, and that I have so much help and support. I'm not going through any of this alone, and I'm very blessed by all that I have.
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend and a Happy Halloween!

5 Comments:

Ann said...

I've been there with the bullying thing. I don't quite understand the male brain but it seems that they are programmed to show how tough they are by picking on younger boys. No matter what age they are they're all the same...lol
Happy Birthday to your son.
I'll be thinking of you and your husband on Tuesday and sending good thoughts your way.
Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your refueling time :)

Unknown said...

happy birthday to your son! i know how that "mother" instinct kicks in when one of your children is being treated unfairly. it is probably best to see if it works itself out though first before involving yourself. sometimes that makes it worse.

you have made a great deal of progress just in the time that i have known you angela, you really should be patting yourself on the back for that. keep positive and keep telling yourself that you deserve to be happy and that you are in control and it will happen.

much love to you my friend, have a wonderful day!

Lin said...

I would report the incident to the principle should anything else happen later on. The first thing they'll say is "why didn't you report the first incident". It's not like the old days, like your husband is thinking. You don't necessarily need any actions taken and you can say that--you just need to notify the school that this happened. This kid may be bullying others and they may need this info to build a case for getting this kid some badly needed help or discipline.

Ruth said...

That sucks about the bully, good to hear you're feeling better though. I've been feeling like crap the last few days, barely even want to get out of bed. Not sick or anything, just tired I guess. I really have to get out and get some exercise, that would probably boost my energy a bit.

Ruth said...

Oh and happy birthday to your son. :-)