THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, July 26, 2010

A Journal Entry



Unraveling my soul
left in tattered shreds
lying at my feet
A cold breeze
blows through my heart

I don't remember when I wrote this. I found it in a journal, pages filled with my scattered thoughts. The words bring feelings of grief...someone frozen inside of a numbing pain. I think it was written around the time of my suicide attempt. There are days that I still slide in and out of sinking despair, with strange feelings of dread. It makes me sad that I'm always waiting for the axe to fall, but then there are the days filled with elation and unspeakable joy. The good days are beginning to overshadow the bad, and for that I'm grateful. It's all about holding on and letting go.





2 Comments:

Wanda's Wings said...

It is good that the good days are beginning to over come the days of despair.

Ann said...

While finding things like that can bring negative feelings it also give you a look in to how far you've come. Glad to hear that the good days outnumber the bad.