THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, November 15, 2010

Wanting More

Photobucket

Wanting More

Focusing on your mouth as you speak
Forgetting to breathe
Standing and waiting
Wanting to rest my mind
You are right
I will remember every detail
The pen you nervously tap on the desk
with a slight smile that plays across your lips
Your voice is barely more than a whisper
Once in awhile my eyes catch yours
holding onto your gaze for a moment
until you look questioningly at me
I know that you want to know what I'm thinking
"Will it be enough?"
I don't know
I've run out of words for now
and what is left can only be felt
beating inside of my heart

Angela Minard 2010©

4 Comments:

Faby said...

I like your words, Angela... :)

Joanne Olivieri said...

Angela, You are just amazing with your verses. Truly, I am in awe and I adore that photo.

Jackie said...

You are a wonderful poet. You are truly gifted at expressing yourself and also making us all stop and reflect about our lives.

Awesome!
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Ha, Ha!!! Very funny!!!!

Superman