THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Always A Smile

Photobucket

Always A Smile

Such a pretty package on the outside
wrapped up tight in ribbons
There is always a smile for you
You say it's all better, and look how far
but the inside still feels so dark
An empty, hollow place
where the laughter echoes
within the emptiness of this cage
There is always a smile for you

You say you're fine, and doing alright
but the inside tells another story
Drowning in whispers, hiding the tears
Rip open the paper, untie the bow
underneath the scars will show
You say it will all be okay, and you have to believe
There is always a smile for you

Angela Minard 2011©

7 Comments:

Krista said...

It's so true! What beautiful words you've put to something so indescribable...

Wanda's Wings said...

I can so relate to this poem. Beautifully written it express how I feel. You are such a wonderful writer. I feel the pain inside also. (((((Angela)))))))

Angela Elain Gambrel said...

I read your comment on my blog and just wanted to say - it's never too late! You can do this. I can do this.

Believe and it will be true.

*Hugs*

Angela

Lisa said...

your words are honestly so eloquent, beautiful and put together really well :)

xoxo!

Nicole said...

Wonderful, as always.

I can definitely relate to this. My wish for you is that you will one day find true happiness and you won't have to pretend anymore. You are one of the most amazing people I have ever known. You have had a profound impact on my life and you are truly a gift to this world. You shouldn't have to wear a mask. You deserve to be happy.

Stay strong and keep believing <3

All my love <3<3<3
Nicole

I Hate to Weight said...

you are an exquisite writer.

i believe in nothing more than hope.
you can have some of mine. there is ALWAYS hope

m

Anonymous said...

Did you write that as if you where talking to yourself? I am very interested for some reason how poems are written and come about. I have zero ability to write poems, so very curious.

Superman