THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, January 3, 2011

The Hours Of Now

Photobucket

The Hours Of Now

Sleepless nights spent wide eyed and weary
with worry over what is to come
What is to become of me?
and what came before the hours of now?
Wishing to take back words
or wanting to say more...
give more...
be more...

Waiting to see the first bright star
before scarlet takes the sky
my mind wandering between here and now
the past and forever
What is unseen and unknown haunts me
almost as much as what is remembered

Dreamless with the dawn
that shimmers on the icy branches
afraid of the cold, grey darkness yet to come
Winter grips my soul, a slow and steady death
wanting to steal the years
like a child who runs from the shadows
in a frenzy to find home

Angela Minard 2011©


3 Comments:

Wanda's Wings said...

Oh Angela,
This one really touches my soul!

I Hate to Weight said...

sad and evocative.

my email is mstatmore@mindspring if you ever feel like writing. i think about you a lot. if not, that's fine too. i just thought it would be nice to email with you.

Nicole said...

This is beautiful, Angie. Your last stanza is fantastic and I love these lines:

What is unseen and unknown haunts me
almost as much as what is remembered


The unknown haunts me too, and it can be scary trying to always guess what is waiting for us in the future. Remember, all we have to do is focus on the section of path right beneath our feet and just keep moving from one circle of light to the next.

Your poems are really lovely.

All my love <3<3<3
Nicole