THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It Was Only A Song

SAD. Pictures, Images and Photos

It Was Only A Song

I gave poems and you gave songs
the words crossing between us
written inside of my heart
I should stop listening to the music
holding on to nothing
You should have never tried
to make me laugh
or given me a reason to rise
as spring drew near
The lyrics said you worried
about losing me
and I was naive...
believing in some sort of forever
only in our minds...
a lovely fantasy
dying with the summer winds
that swept you away

Angela Minard 2011©

6 Comments:

Unknown said...

words are so powerful. so emotional. and YOU have the gift to be able to share them.

Wanda's Wings said...

Very powerful poem. So much emotion.

Sia Jane said...

Stunning xxxxxxxx

Sia Jane said...

Stunning xxxxxxxx

Ann said...

lovely poem

Anonymous said...

I don't not believe this is a fair assessment of the situation, but every person is initialed to their opinion.

Superman