THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, February 19, 2011

You Only Live Once

sonic Pictures, Images and Photos

Between nightmares and worry, I was awake for a full 48 hours, and then the flu hit me. It wasn't surprising considering I had been thrown up on by one of my little friends on Tuesday. I'm caught up on sleep now, and my worry has subsided. The little boy that was in the ICU is now doing much better. We are still waiting on test results, but he is alert and eating, so those are good signs. I don't realize how attached to my students I get until something like this happens. It is easy to take good health for granted, and to believe that your loved ones will be around forever. I try not to think of losing the important people in my life. I'd rather live in denial I suppose. I almost lost my husband once, and I'll never forget how terrifying that was to go through. I'm blessed that I still have my parents, and all of my immediate family surrounding me.
Now let's move on to some happier thoughts:) My appetite is back, and I've been wanting one of those Sonic Red Velvet/Cheesecake Blasts. My husband and I are going out to get one. YUM!!! I'm allowing myself a treat:)

7 Comments:

Haley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Haley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Haley said...

I'm so glad that you're doing better as is the boy in the ICU :)
That Red Velvet Blast looks yummy! Let me know how it is :) I'm proud of you for trying it!
<3 Haley

Ruth said...

That's so awesome! I love me some cheesecake, an aunt of mine always brings one to family get togethers--New England Cheesecake Factory, I think the place she gets them is called. Yum! :-)

I Hate to Weight said...

hope you are feeling better.

48 hours without sleep. the worst! i used to be a complete insomniac and i would go on those really long sleep=less jags. like i said, the worst.

i'm glad you've gotten some sleep. may you continue to get rest.

so glad you're young friend is doing better. i can imagine you get attached. as i've said before, i really admire your work

Wanda's Wings said...

Hope you feel better soon. Being sick is the pits!

Just me said...

48 hours? Ouch! I hope you're feeling better now :)

I'm glad the boy is doing better, keep us posted how he's getting on. Enjoy your cheesecake! :D