THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Choosing Life

Photobucket

I was talking with my friend Jenny on the phone last night, and I was telling her that I was struggling with eating. She said, "You know it's not about the food. It's about wanting to be alive." I had to take a moment to let those words sink in. Every time I don't eat, it is like telling myself that I don't want to be here. Every time I don't eat, it is like choosing death. I may not always want to deal with the pain, but I do want to live, and to truly be alive, I have to acknowledge my feelings, and become one with them. My feelings do not own me...I own my feelings. I have so much to live for.

One of the things that I'm really excited about is the new blog,
Cycle Of Healing. People are beginning to share their stories, artwork, and poems. Using your voice truly begins the cycle of healing.

Contact me at cycleofhealing@gmail.com to submit your artwork or writing. All submissions may be anonymous if you would like. This blog is a place for survivors of any trauma to write, make art and speak out about their lives.

3 Comments:

Sandi said...

Good words from your friend. It's been awhile since I stopped by your blog. Hope you are doing well.

Eve said...

Um, yeah, really excellent work here Angie! Choose Life! I love it! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Yes, choose life. You deserve the best Angela.

You have helped me so much and I am so happy we are all able to keep helping each other. It is wonderful.

Stay with the truth; it WILL set you free.

I love you.

Jenny