THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, June 6, 2011

The Peace Within

Photobucket

My gaze drifts toward the window again and again, as if there is something hidden beneath the pale blue sky. My mind wanders away from what is now, I'm tied up inside the silence of the past, and I remember what it was like to be unable to speak. It is like quick sand, swallowing each flailing limb, as it creeps upward, closing around your throat, seeping into your mouth, your nostrils, and finally filling your lungs. "Don't fall in," I tell myself, but sometimes I still do, and for awhile my voice is lost. The world grows dark, closing in around me until I'm nothing but a speck of dust floating through the white noise. It used to be my safe place when my mind couldn't find any peace. Now it is lonely, and I don't want to go there. I'm fighting to find the peace within.

2 Comments:

Eve said...

Praying that the peace comes to you. Be good to yourself. You are precious to me and many. I love you Angie.

Mom said...

I tried to send this a moment ago and it didn't seem to publish. Here goes again! I read this today and thought of you as always. A chinese proverb: The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall. My peaceful wish for you today, love Mom