THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Little At A Time

Open Heart Pictures, Images and Photos

My dad called me yesterday, and left me a message on my phone, wishing me a happy birthday. The last time he called it was to know if he could come over and bring me tomatoes. I don't return the calls, but my heart is not frozen. I do care, and every time I don't respond, I wonder if it is the right thing to do. I have found forgiveness, but the trust has to be earned, and by not letting him in, I'm not giving him that chance. I go back and forth in my mind. Yesterday he sent me a friend request on Facebook, and I accepted it. I also sent him a message and thanked him for calling and wishing me a happy birthday. I'm thinking that I will just take this slow and careful. I don't like how I feel every time I ignore his attempts at contact. Maybe I can try to open up my heart a little bit at a time.

8 Comments:

Isla Lynn said...

I do hope you and your dad get on better terms. Start out slow...

Hillary63 said...

Thank you Angela for being such a loving generous compassionate soul. You have helped me so much.

It's ok to open your heart in any speed fashion or shape you wish, it's your heart.

June_Butterfly said...

I guess I can relate to your feelings.Me and my dad kinda drifted apart since my parents separated.But in time some of the pain lessened and fortunately I was able to see him before he passed away.I hope in time the road to forgiveness can be easier for you.

Just me said...

I feel like I can relate to this - with a friend, not a parent - and I was moved by your honesty and compassion here. Thanks for sharing this. I think taking it slowly is a good idea - I understand why you don't want to rush into anything. I hope you can come to a situation that works for both of you :)

Ann said...

it's sounds like you are doing a good job of slowly opening your heart. Slow is a good way to go that way you can't get scared off too quick

Eve said...

Wow! Angela, I think that you are doing the brave thing in trying to let someone in. I love that you are doing what is best for you in doing it slowly! You are making brave steps! I am very proud of you and I love you!

Heather Jerdee said...

I think that is so wise Angela for you and your father. "Open your heart a little at a time." I want to shut some people out completely right now. Both of my parents are on the top of the list but there some others too. And I know that is not healthy. I'm glad we are not alone. Love you

Sia Jane said...

I don't know the story...
I do know that how you are handling the situation if amazing and you should feel very proud.
Harbouring anger is something that can be so destructive and I guess finding that balance between forgiveness, but not forgetting, is hard.
But you seem to be doing a wonderful job <3