THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Now Is All There Is


The final pose during a yoga practice is called "savasana" which in Sanskrit translates to "corpse pose." Sounds easy, right? Really all that you have to do is lie on your back, but the difficult part for me is that you are also supposed to empty your mind and clear out all thoughts and worries. It is a part of my practice that I'm struggling with, and I know that if I could master a calm mind, even for ten minutes of my practice, it would help so much, especially when my thoughts tend to run wild and I need to slow them down. I'm sure that it takes practice, like everything else, but I have no idea how to get there. It seems the more that I try to stop the thoughts the more out of control they become. My mind is like a runaway train, going nowhere. It's not like I'm trying to solve the problems of the world or anything! I envy some of the others in the class who can lie still and peaceful, while I resist every urge to fidget, and can't wait for savasana to be over. Damn the woman snoring next to me! How does she do it?
I work so hard to stay in the present, but always my mind drifts backward and forward in time. I do have the most wonderful daydreams sometimes though. I do wish you all peaceful dreams, and the mindfulness to stay in the now, for now is all there is...

1 Comments:

Sia Jane said...

To this day, I find mindfulness incredibly hard.
I think it is great to practice the being in the present, but allow yourself time, as you are.
Sometimes we find different ways to be still and in the moment.
Reading a book is down time, you know.
I admire your persistence <3