THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Hero In Your Soul



"Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours." ~ Ayn Rand

I think we need to recognize that we are all heroes, although we don't often realize it. It takes courage to change, to know that we can make a difference, and the impact we have on the lives of others.
This weekend a friends daughter was almost hospitalized for depression and suicidal thoughts. I went over to talk to her because she was refusing to see a therapist, and resistant to medication. After talking with her, and telling her my story, I think she agreed to seeing my therapist. It felt so good to help, and it was a very powerful feeling. I haven't always felt like I mattered much or was worth anything. We all need to feel we have a purpose in this world. If we believe that we can't achieve our dreams, then all hope of fulfilling our destiny is lost. Something good has come out of the nature of my battle, and that helps me to see that all things are possible.

3 Comments:

Wanda's Wings said...

Helping others helps each of us.

Sia Jane said...

Sometimes I think that when we hear of another and we offer that support, it reinforces a part of us that helps us see, we too, can heal <3

Anonymous said...

You may "never" know how many lives you have touched. You are a special kind of girl to have battled this alone, as you have. It is now time to share your power with others.

Old Man in Florida