THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Circus Dreams


Circus Dreams

The body holds the lungs
the cage of our hearts
We breathe in the smell of spring rains
 summer sun
You touch my hair
a gesture that fills my soul
welling within me
stinging my eyes with unshed tears
hands pushing deep into the sockets
The words you murmur into my ear
ache and whisper inside of my mind
the blood throbbing, pulsing
You speak too loudly
although I can't seem to hear
Your voice far away
 the world is silent around me
I lift my eyes to the sky
the spinning of the earth reminds me
falling to the ground like a child
I can smile as if riding on a carousel
The clown faces loom above
balloons float away
brightly colored pinpoints disappearing
as you clasp my hands
pulling me from the ground
my feet planted firmly
choosing to stay

Angela Minard 2012©

2 Comments:

Jocelyn said...

You are a beautiful writer. I love reading everything you have to say. Hope you are doing well today.

Angela said...

Thank you, Jocelyn. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment!