THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, March 17, 2012

I Define Myself


I've had an amazing spring break thanks to this beautiful warm weather we have been blessed to have. I haven't really been all that productive, but I've spent time with friends, enjoyed extra time with my family, and I've done lots of yoga. The break from work was much needed, and I feel like I can finish this school year with a positive attitude, knowing that all I can ever do is my best. Not everyone is going to like me or think that I'm good at what I do, but if I can believe in myself, that will take me far and move me forward. I'm feeling much more grounded than I did at the end of last week. I was really down on myself, but with some good support from my family, therapist, and friends, I'm able to take some deep breaths, and let the weight of my worries go. My goal is to remember not to let other people define who I am and how I feel about myself. I'm going to concentrate on building up my self esteem, because it is at ground zero. I'm starting to get it into my head that what I think is what really matters. "We are only as good as we think we are" is such a cliche', but I've wasted too much of my time and energy feeling like I'm inherently bad. It has to stop with me, and I have to take responsibility for allowing myself to remain in this pit of shame and self hatred. Here is where it begins...

5 Comments:

Heather Jerdee said...

It does begin here... I am right with you. We are believing mirrors for each other and others Angela in how good and loved we are. Love you

Anonymous said...

Without a doubt!!!

Very true.


Old Man

Wanda's Wings said...

A time of refreshing is good for the soul.

Anonymous said...

"Here is where it begins." Remember you said that on March 17, 2012. At some point you have to put into action what you saying. That is the key to success!

Sia Jane said...

You are amazing Angela, in every sense of the word <3