THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Drowning Prayer


Artwork by Micheal Shapcott

A Drowning Prayer

I tried to tell you under the half moon
interrupted by the hollow sound of the wind
the words hung heavy
every breath swallowed by fear
I was the one who slept beneath the waves
opening my eyes to the heavens above
wrapped in the silence surrounding me
I prayed to be taken
lifted from the sea
washed clean
Could you hear my pleas
from the depths of darkness?
The shallow, ragged voice of another drowning soul
The solitary echo of my beating heart whispered to the night
"You are all alone."
Stripped of faith
The thief of my childhood dreams
Forever haunted by the monsters you let in

Angela Minard 2012©

4 Comments:

Wanda's Wings said...

Very deep. Put me in touch with some dark memories.

catherine said...

wow that was so powerful. i can relate so much. thank you.

Angela said...

Sometimes to free myself from the darkness, I need to get it out with my writing. This poem is about calling out to God, and feeling like he didn't hear me. As a child the realization that no one could save me was a very lonely feeling.

Eve said...

I love this poem. I too have cried out to God in my anguish and pain wondering why. And we all have to do that in order to get to the light. God will show you. It is YOUR own journey. No one's is the same. I love and admire you. You are one of my heros Angela. God, wants us to be real and ask the tough questions and rail if need be. God can take it. You are not alone anymore. I am sorry for the little girl who was.