THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 14, 2012

Journaling Through Trauma



Artwork by Istvan Sandorfi

I saw my trauma therapist today, mainly to brush up on grounding techniques. He suggested that I try to journal through the dissociative episodes. He said that it would help to integrate the two sides of my mind, if that makes any sense. I'm not sure that it does, but I'm willing to try. He said to even try writing with my left hand. I'm not sure what that will do though. Dissociation is a lot like driving in the car, arriving at your destination, and not remembering how you got there. It is very frustrating to lose chunks of time, to not be able to account for where you have been, and also to fully function in that state. It is getting better, but it still happens.
This is my last full week of school, and I'm really looking forward to the break. I have so much to catch up on with housework. Between work, and yoga, it doesn't leave much time for cleaning. I'm also going to Florida for a week in June to visit my family.
Eating is going better. I even ate lunch in the teachers lounge last Friday. I've never done that before. I usually just have a protein bar in my car. I was so excited, that I called my nutritionist to tell her the good news. Anyway...that is all that is really going on. Wishing everyone a fantastic week!  

2 Comments:

Wanda's Wings said...

What a great step with eating in the teacher's lunch room! My therapist is working with me also on dissociation and is trying some similar suggestions. I hope your visit goes well.

John Buchanan said...

Writing and or drawing with your left hand is amazing,When I first did it I found things I had locked away from my concious memory leapt out on to the page. It was very helpful. Well done for eating in the staff room too. Big steps.