THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Letting Go


Letting Go

You felt stiff in my arms, unyielding
my hands gripping your shoulders
fingers digging into flesh
willing you to give in
but you would not soften
and slowly I let go

The moment plays in my mind
and it is strange
how something that seems so insignifigant
the feel of you pulling away
lingers painfully

The air was heavy
as we stood in the late spring wind
I cannot remember our words
only the weight of silence between us
as you turned to walk away

A year has passed
and yet I still hear the sound of your voice
I can see how you looked at me
your eyes holding mine until my lips would quiver
I had so much that I wanted to say
"Nothing is ever completely over," you tell me
but I'm not sure what that means to you.

"I can't get close enough," I whispered in your ear
and you laughed
I had never wanted so much to be part of someone's soul...
for once to give my heart away
the walls around me crumbling
I never wanted to steal from you
and slowly I let go.

Angela Minard 2012©
















1 Comments:

Wanda's Wings said...

Your poem has so much emotion.