THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Self Acceptance



I've been asking myself the question, "What is self-acceptance, and how do I get to a place of peace within myself?"Wikipedia's definition is here~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-acceptance

Self-acceptance is beyond self-esteem. When we are self accepting, we recognize all of our strengths and weaknesses, where as self esteem refers to how valuable or worthwhile we see ourselves. When I began to research this, I started to realize that I am accepting of myself, but don't always realize that I'm valuable as a person. I forget that I'm important in the lives of others. I don't always see my true value. I feel as if I shouldn't accept my weaknesses. Why should any of us? Shouldn't we always be evolving, changing, and growing? I think I get hung up on the imaginary concept of perfection. It is something that none of us will ever achieve, and yet so many of us strive for it, falling short, and therefore thinking that we are not valuable to ourselves or others in a state of imperfection. The conclusion that I've come to always brings me to the present. We can only be the best that we can be in the now. Accept where you are right now, in this very moment. I can look at my past, see how my struggles have shaped who I am, look inward, look around me with gratitude, and know that there is so much before me. We are always growing into ourselves, and if we can see ourselves and the world with fresh eyes, knowing that everyday we begin again, maybe then we can accept ourselves lovingly.  

1 Comments:

Sia Jane said...

Beautifully articulated and wonderfully insightful and inspiring.
No one person is ever perfect and most times, as you say, all we can do, is do the best we can, with what we have, in each moment <3