THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Make It Happen



I've been researching information on positive body image, mostly because I need to work on mine, but also because one day I really would like to guide young girls on how to love their bodies, maybe speaking in schools about my struggles with anorexia and poor self esteem. I have so much I want to do, that it feels a bit overwhelming. I want to work on getting more of my poetry published, I want to be a yoga teacher. There is a book that I want to read called Overcoming Trauma Through Yoga~ Reclaiming Your Body, because I really want to focus on this when teaching yoga. I don't think there has been much emphasis on this in the yoga community, and it is a niche that hasn't been addressed much. I'm excited and energized, but where to begin? I know that I need to figure out how to pay for teacher's training classes. I should have worked summer school, but also really need to recharge my batteries after an exhausting year. I also have more work to do on my own yoga practice. I'm getting back on track with my eating. It is the mindfulness that I need to work on. I tend to check out while eating. Being mindful, in the present moment, and self aware are definite goals. It is time to get busy and make it happen!

2 Comments:

Wanda's Wings said...

You can make your dreams come true!

I Hate to Weight said...

Lovely. Once you know what you want, you'll get there.

For me, the best thing is to do more and think less. My thinking and analyzing always get me in trouble. Taking the next actual step usually gets me going on a right path.

With all your so many gifts and insights and experiences, you have so much to offer.

Go girl!