THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Word Challenge Of The Day #11~ Force



To be honest, I wanted to skip over this word. 
"Force may be thought of as any influence which tends to change the motion of an object."
I was used as an object, and change means that you can never go back to who you used to be. As a survivor of rape, I obsess over going back, but because I was forced against my will, I'm forever changed. That fact is difficult for me to grasp. I will never be the same, and that is a painful realization. Force was used to take away my identity, and my safety. I had to use that same kind of force to take back my power...to be free of fear...I like to think of the essense of who I am as being a "force." It is what protects me, and makes me who I am. I don't want to use force, I want to be a force.   

2 Comments:

Tracey said...

I relate to this so strongly honey. My first response to force was the memories of rape and violence. But then my own life force, my place as a force of nature, as a force of healing and a force of change. And just I am these forces, so are you. I believe we have to remember to not take on what wasn't our fault, and embrace entirely the love and power and positive force we possess xxx

Angela Elain Gambrel said...

I also can relate to this so much. You are such a strong woman, and I admire you greatly!