THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Word Of The Day Challenge #13~ Perfect



If you type the word "perfect" into the search engine on this blog, you will find many posts that I have already written on this subject. I think many of us who struggle with eating disorders in particular find ourselves caught in the trap of wanting so badly to be perfect to the extent that we lose ourselves in the process. The process itself is a losing battle, because hey! Guess what?! There is no such thing as perfection! That is right, so let it go! This is one of my favorite quotes written by Anna Quindlen~

"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself."

When we let go of all of those expectations of who we think we should be, we can actually focus on the becoming.

I'm going to post a song here by Evanescence called "Everybody's Fool." It is about believeing in the lie of perfection. This song speaks to my eating disorder especially with these lyrics.

"I know the truth now.
I know who you are,
and I don't love you anymore.

1 Comments:

Jenn said...

it's so hard for me to let go of the feelings of needing to be perfect but i KNOW that life is so much more peaceful and better when you do. i am a work in progress and hopefully i can continue to let go of the feelings of needing to be perfect. thanks for sharing this <3