THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, October 22, 2012

It Takes Vision

 

I've been thinking about the vision board I created this summer. Right now it is rolled up in the back seat of my car because I had taken it to show my therapist, but I don't want my dreams and goals to take a back seat. I've been trying to figure out a way to be able to do the yoga teachers training at my studio. I've been looking on-line for scholorships, but I really want to do the training with Emily Darling, who is such an amazing and compassionate teacher. Many of the scholarships I have found would have me traveling to India! I waver back and forth between telling myself that I'm not ready for the training, but then the passion I feel for wanting to learn more about yoga takes over. In a brave moment, I messaged Emily on Facebook and asked her if she knew anything about scholarships or grants because I wanted to do the teachers training. She said she would look into it for me, and actually said it would be great if I could be in the training. Of course, she is too kind to say otherwise, but it still felt good. What I think felt the best was that I am beginning to reach out and ask for help, pushing past the fear of rejection. I need to hold on to this dream, and to believe that I can achieve it because when the vision starts to fade, I too begin to fade.

3 Comments:

Eve said...

I love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep going Angela! You ROCK!

catherine said...

what a beautiful vision board, and goal. i believe the universe will provide. c.

Meliss said...

i don't think your teacher would have been supportive if she didn't think you were a strong candidate for the training. i'm sure she takes her field very seriously and wouldn't advocate for someone who's not capable of entering in to it.

if you didn't think someone were capable of handling your classroom, would you tell them you thought it would be great if they got into your field?

GO FOR IT! i so hope you can manage it financially. it sounds absolutely wonderful