THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, December 20, 2012

New Directions



We had our first snow last night, and today is the first day of winter break. I don't go back to work until January 7th. I didn't wake up until 11:15 this morning! I've been sick for weeks, and trying to push myself through it. The extra sleep was definitely needed. Today has put me in the holiday spirit. The boys sat around the kitchen table with me, sipping hot chocolate, while I had my coffee. We were laughing, just being silly, and I loved every second of it. I'm looking forward to this time spent at home with all of my guys. My emotions have been all over the place lately, but today I am hopeful. These past few years of recovery, therapy, and facing the painful parts of my past have been a long and difficult journey. Yesterday my therapist told me that I needed to celebrate how far I have come. She says that I minimize my progress, and I suppose she is right. All I can see are my faults, and how far I still need to go. After all of this time stumbling around in the dark, I can actually see some light. I'm beginning to let go, and I have new dreams and a new life to look forward to living. This year I'm going to work summer school, save money, and hopefully be able to become certified to be a yoga teacher. I will then need to take another training to be able to teach trauma sensitive yoga to those with PTSD. I'm driven to help others who have suffered from trauma to heal. It may take me awhile, but I can see my life turning in a new direction. Yes, I'm hopeful...

6 Comments:

Wanda's Wings said...

I am glad you are seeing hope again. Your goals are wonderful and you deserve to be happy.

Sia Jane said...

Sounds like very special times are with you right now <3

Eve said...

This is exactly what I needed to read today! I am soooooooooo proud of you and the work you are doing! i am so glad that you can enjoy your boys and your time of rest! I love you and think of you often!

Nicole said...

I'm sorry you've been sick. :( I'm glad you are having a good break and I hope you continue to rest and feel better. <3

I love your idea of becoming a yoga teacher to help others who suffer from PTSD! I believe in you and I wish you the best!!

Take good care of yourself <3

<3<3<3
Nicole

SynthGirl said...

What a nice blog! Even just with minor explorations, I can agree with your therapist that you should celebrate how far you've come...!
But what I REALLY want to say is that your idea of "trauma sensitive yoga" is awesome... is this your invention, or does it already exist somewhere else? What a cool idea!!

Drop by for a visit some time!
-- SynthGirl
www.SynthiaMasters.com

Angela said...

Trauma sensitive yoga does exist, although it is fairly new. I read an amazing book called "Overcoming Trauma Through Yoga," and it really inspired me to want to become certified to teach. Yoga has helped me so much with my healing. Thank you for the comment. I will stop by your blog for a visit!